I work with a business coach, aka the EntrepreneurialMD, who is a physician that helps other physicians who want to think outside the box of medicine. She sent me a list of questions to ponder. I have edited them somewhat to tailor them strictly to physicians in medical practice. Following are items to contemplate as you enjoy that last piece of pie, the sip of wine and the companionship that is Thanksgiving. If you are really motivated, you might even consider writing down the answers. (You could do that between commercials during football games.)
- What’s your biggest business/professional objective in 2009?
- What are your biggest opportunities right now?
- Where do you see a gap in your “market” –what’s not being offered?
- What do your “people” (patients/practice partners/employees) complain most about?
- Where are you leaving money on the table?
- What are your top 3 time eaters and energy drainers?
- What is your “Biggest Opportunity Project” for 2009?
- What are the top 5 business/career development strategies you’ll focus on?
- How will you know you’ve had a great year?
And to all of our brethren working on Thanksgiving, I give a whole hearted thanks and God Bless. We have all walked in your shoes, and are grateful for all you do. Happy Thanksgiving!
See www.entrepreneurialmd.com for more.